Dr Ronit Lentin, associate professor of sociology, Trinity College, Dublin.
Ronit was born in Haifa prior to the establishment of the State of Israel and has lived in Ireland since 1969. She is a political sociologist and a writer of fiction and non-fiction books. Ronit was head of Department (2009-12) and director of the MPhil in Race, Ethnicity, Conflict (1997-2012), Department of Sociology, and co-founder of the Trinity Immigration Initiative, Trinity College, Dublin.
Ronit has published extensively on racism in Ireland, Israel and Palestine, gender and genocide, and gender and the Holocaust.
Israel-Palestine; racism and immigration in Ireland; migrant-led activism; Israel, gender and the Holocaust; gender and genocide; feminist research methodologies.
Books & Publications
- Conversations with Palestinian Women (Jerusalem: Mifras 1982, Hebrew)
- Night Train to Mother (Dublin: Attic Press 1989) ISBN 0-946211-72-8
- Songs on the Death of Children (Dublin: Poolbeg Press 1996)
- Israel and the Daughters of the Shoah: Reoccupying the Territories of Silence (Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books 2000) ISBN 1-57181-774-3
- (Re)searching Women: Feminist Research Methodologies in the Social Sciences in Ireland (Dulbin: IPA 2000) co-editor, with Anne Byrne.
- Racism and Anti-racism in Ireland (Belfast: Beyond the Pale 2002) co-editor, with Robbie McVeigh ISBN 1-900960-16-8
- Women and the Politics of Military Confrontation: Palestinian and Israeli Gendered Narratives of Dislocation (Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books 2002) co-editor, with Nahla Abdo. ISBN 1-57181-498-1
- Women’s Movement: Migrant Women Transforming Ireland(2003) co-editor, with Eithne Luibhéid.
- Re-presenting the Shoah for the 21st Century (Oxford and NY: Berghahn Books. 2004), editor ISBN 1-57181-802-2
- After Optimism? Ireland, Racism and Globalisation (Dublin: Metroeireann Publications. 2006) with Robbie McVeigh. ISBN 0-9553385-0-6
- Race and State (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Press. 2006 /2008) editor, with Alana Lentin. ISBN 1-84718-001-9
- Performing Global Networks (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing 2007) editor, with Karen Fricker
- Thinking Palestine (London: Zed Books, 2008) editor, ISBN 978-1-84277-906-1 pb
- Co-Memory and Melancholia: Israelis Memorialising the Palestinian Nakba (Manchester University Press, 2010)
- MIGRANT ACTIVISM AND INTEGRATION FROM BELOW IN IRELAND (Palgrave MacMillan, 2012) Ronit Lentin and Elena Moreo ISBN-10: 0230300626 ISBN-13: 978-0230300620